Wednesday, November 10, 2010

How comfortable are you in your town/city?  State?

Woah Nelly, where do I begin?  This is so difficult for me to even think about answering.  I hate Utah.  I hate the politicians, the hypocrites, the rebels, the general population.  I hate the extreme cold and snow and slush.  I hate that there isn't an ocean.  But I love that my whole family lives near here.  I love that I can see them without having to get on a plane.  That was the hardest part about being a nanny in D.C.  I missed my family so much more because they were so out of reach.  Now I've finally found a city that I actually enjoy living in that is not too far away or too close either; St. George!  Salt Lake was cool and fun but it was so trendy it hurt.  Everyone there thinks they are the shit.  It is also so frigidly cold.  St. George on the other hand is so cool and fun and CHILL.  Need I say CHILL again?  Oh I love it.  It is so warm; even in winter it doesn't get that bad.  Sure, we have our fair share of bigots but for the most part, people here could care less.  There is so much to do outdoors.  Yeah, everything closes at 9 and there are no clubs, but Vegas is only an hour and half away.  So yes.  I am very comfortable with my city.  For now.  But I don't want to raise my children in Utah.  I don't want to have to vote in Utah anymore either.  I would like to move somewhere close but far away at the same time.  Maybe Washington or New Mexico or Colorado or So. Cal.  Just not Arizona.  But for now, St. George'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment