Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happily Ever After

I spent the day watching romantic comedies.  It was very enjoyable but also a form of torture.  Everybody says life isn't like the movies.  But you know what?  I think it is.  Because in all of the movies I watched today (Penelope, When in Rome, Confessions of a Shopaholic), the heroine went through some major struggles before falling in love including, but not limited to, living with a pig nose, having her heart broken over and over again, and some serious debt.  And these ladies ended up with James Mcavoy, Josh Duhamel, and Hugh Dancy.  So they did pretty well in spite of their circumstances.  And I will too.  And my marriage will last much longer than all of my friends who are my age or younger and already married or planning on getting married.  Because I am living my life.  I am discovering who I am without depending on a man to define me.  I am overcoming my struggles not by settling and getting married but by working hard and learning lessons.  My life will make sense someday.  And someday I will meet a man who does not need me.  And I will not need him.  And we will be happy together.  Not because we complete one another but because we complement each other.  And that will be my happily ever after.  And I can wait for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment