Friday, December 31, 2010

The new year starts tomorrow.  Holy crazy!  I can't  believe how many unexpected twists and turns my life has taken this year.  I look at where I was last year this time and where I am now and I am so proud of certain accomplishments I've made and so frustrated with myself for all the many mistakes I have made. 
Accomplishments:
I love my body!  I still have my moments but my confidence is better than it's been in a long time.
I have an amazing job.
I have my own apartment.
I have picked a major.
I have performed a high soprano Italian song in front of an audience.
I was a featured dancer in a play.
I competed in a pageant.
I have managed to stop feeling the need to have a man to complete me.
I have gained control over my illness for the most part.

Failures:
I didn't learn to play guitar.
I became addicted to diet coke.
I stop exercising after the pageant.
I made mistakes with boys.
I fell away from the church.
I drank alcohol.
I smoked a cigarette.
I failed a class.
And a variety of other bad things.

So my resolutions for this year:
Go to church.
Overcome addictions (including but not limited to diet coke, coffee, and bad movies).
Exercise at least 3 times a week.
Eat better.  And stop starving myself.
Be in another pageant.
Learn to play the guitar.
No more mistakes with boys.
No drinking.
No smoking.
Go to Institute.
Get better grades.
Clean up the language.
Clean up the apartment.
Pay off debt.
Love my fellow men.
Hike Angel's Landing.
Go to Disneyland.
Be a better person.

I think these are things I can do.  I will need to be strong.  But I know I can.  And so help me, I WILL learn to play the guitar this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment