Saturday, February 12, 2011

How do you feel about your home furnishings?

What a strange question ha ha.  But it makes sense.  How can you live a life you love if you don't love where you live?  Well, I love my apartment.  I think I love it because it is mine.  My furniture expresses who I am.  I love my matching but not matching bedroom set.  I love my bedspread.  I love my broken bookcase, my canvas wall squares, and my teapots.  But most of all I love my art.  Pictures of Marilyn Monroe, Gone with the Wind, West Side Story, Spring Awakening, Our Town, and Rosy the Riveter.  Posters from the Panic At The Disco Concert.  And my signed The Hush Sound poster.  My home furnishings reflect who I am now and the experiences I have had.  And I love it. 

Do you have a hobby that you like to do but don't get paid for?  What is it?

Do I ever.  Does a hobby that I could get paid for count?  I love to act.  And I love to sing.  And I love to pretend to dance.  And I know that if I really wanted to I could be successful and make money doing these things (well, except maybe dancing).  But what would be the point?  The reason for hobbies is so you can escape from your normal life.  I don't want my hobbies to become something I have to do to survive in the literal sense.  I am perfectly content with them being something I have to do to survive figuratively. 

Does money hold you back from anything?  What does it hold you back from?  Be very specific.

Yes money does hold me back.  A lot.  It holds me back from living my life without fear.  I am in a constant state of worry that I will not have the money to pay rent or utilities or buy groceries.  And sometimes this does happen to me.  But I have grown used to it in a way.  I've never had money.  My family has never had money.  And if I had money I don't really know what I do with it.  Probably pay my debts and swindle the rest on books.  And I would travel.  I would go everywhere.  EVERYWHERE.  I have always been the type of person who just wants to pick up and leave.  Go somewhere alone where no one can find me and I can be free.  I take back what I said about never having money.  When I was a nanny I had money.  And I did pick up and leave, when it was practical of course.  I went to New York for the weekend twice.  All alone the first time and mostly alone the second.  And it was wonderful.  So I would do more of that.  Only I would go to Greece or Russia or India or Italy or Australia.  I'm always looking up ways to go out of the country on the cheap.  I know all of the best hostel companies in and out of the states.  I dream of going all the time.  But I can't because I don't have the money.  Eat, Pray, Love is one of my favorite books.  And if I could do what she did I would be so happy.  But Elizabeth had money and lots of it.  I think money holds me back from doing the things I dream of doing and therefore holds me back from finding complete satisfaction in my life.

I guess that's enough for now.  I do have to update on life developments but I wanted to get some questions done first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment