Saturday, January 22, 2011

Oh my!

Life has been hella crazy lately.  I miss updating my blog constantly so I'm going to start doing it again.  Consider it a late new year's resolution (I didn't think it would be a problem in the first place).  School is good.  Sort of.  Math is hard.  Education 1010 is boring.  Multicultural education is long.  I think I'm done with Shakespeare so I can go to a different institute class.  My evening class is so full, I don't feel at all like I'm connected to anyone.  I need a smaller class.  So I signed up for one.  I've been working a lot lately.  Picking up shifts (well shift) at the gym, subbing for Kreative Kids.  It feels good and grown up but also stressful.  I dyed my hair red.  It's a throwback to olden days before I decided to change myself for an acting career.  I like it.  So life is good.

My resolutions are going well.  Not perfect, but well.  I'm still a slave to diet coke.  And currently I'm drinking a latte.  But these addictions aren't nearly as bad as they used to be.  Instead of drinking 64 oz of diet coke a day, I'm down to a 21 oz average.  And this is my first cup of coffee in the new year.  I don't watch as many rated R movies.  When I do see a dirty scene I don't really watch it.  I'm not going to see The Black Swan because it's a, and I quote, "psycho-sexual thriller."  I'm just not interested in watching Natalie Portman, who used to be like my favorite person in the world, make out with a girl.  I'm learning to play the guitar.  I've decided if I'm going to compete for Miss Dixie again, I have to set myself a part.  So I'm learning to sing and play at the same time.  I already know the first little bit of Echo by The Hush Sound.  I'm quite pleased.  I'm also a member of the Service Club and the Happily Healthy club at Dixie.  We have yet to have any meetings but I think both of these things will really help me improve myself.  I started working out again this week.  Turns out I'm a monster at spin.  Like so good.  I love it.  I think it would be cool to get good enough that I can get certified.  I'm taking a belly dancing class to help me want to exercise.  It's a lot of fun!  I really think I could be awesome at that too.  I've had a few slip ups and I still curse like a sailor, but I feel myself growing closer to God once again.  It's a good feeling.

In other news, I think I might decide to teach secondary school instead of elementary.  I don't know but it sort of feels right.  My original thought was that I would want to teach English which would take me a long time to get my degree but still less time than if I were to teach elementary.  But then I started thinking about being a drama teacher.  And I don't know how I feel about that.  I swore I never would.  And I don't know if I really want to.  It would take me a lot less time in school.  I know it shouldn't really be about that but that doesn't change the fact it would be nice to make use of some of the credits I earned at the U.  And I would be involved in theater without really having to be involved in the lifestyle.  I could still have a family.  I could do a lot of good.  But it would be a lot of hours and a lot of emotional turmoil.  But then again, I guess teaching in general could be a lot of turmoil.  I guess I won't know until later this semester.  I'm going to be spending a day in a secondary school in the role of a quasi-teacher.  I think then I will know if secondary is right for me.  Then I can make the decision of what I want to teach, if it's right for me of course.  But writing about it sort of makes me want to lean toward drama.  We'll see.  I'll pray.

I would answer one of my fifty questions but I'm at work and should limit my browsing history.  Also this entry is really long already.  Maybe later today.  Or tomorrow.  But definitely soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment